Type of Agencies that can be Supported:
1. The project proposals for financial assistance under the Grants-in-aid Scheme of the National Afforestation & Eco-Development Board (NAEB), hereinafter referred to as the Board, shall be entertained from voluntary agencies and non-governmental organizations, hereinafter referred to as Agency, of the following categories:
- Registered Non-profit Organisations;
- Registered Societies, Cooperatives, Companies or Trusts; and,
- Recognised Schools, Colleges, and Universities.
2. Those Agencies which have worked in the field of environment or related social service sectors at least for three years (duly supported by audited statements of accounts for last three years) will be considered for funding under the Scheme.
3. The Agency should have a properly constituted Managing Body with its powers, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in a written constitution/ by-laws.
4. The financial position of the Agency should be sound for the type of project to be taken up. It should not be run for profit of any individual or body of individuals. It should have the facilities, resources, experience and personnel for successful implementation of the proposed project.