Expression of Interest
Hiring of Consultants for Formulation of Norms & Standards for Environmental Clearance of large Construction Projects
1. The Ministry of Environment and Forests have brought large construction projects covering residential and non-residential complexes, New Towns & Industrial Estates under the purview of environmental clearance from the Central Government, as per the Notification dated 7.7.04. Further on 15.9.05, a draft Notification has been issued on reengineering of environmental clearance procedures. The Notifications can be accessed at the Ministry’s website: http:\\ www. envfor.nic.in
2. The Ministry has constituted an Expert Appraisal Committee for the appraisal of large construction projects submitted for environmental clearance. Formulation of environmental clearance norms for large construction projects was discussed in a series of Workshops held on 3-4 April 05 and 7-8 October, 05. The draft report prepared by a group of experts was discussed in the second workshop. The parameters identified for the formulation of norms & standards of large construction projects are the following:
(i) Definition of Regulated Entities and Policy
(ii) Site Planning, Heritage and Urban Design
(iii) Water and Wastewater Management
(iv) Air Pollution including Noise and Transport
(v) Building Materials, Construction & Waste Management
(vi) Energy, Bio - climatic Design and Renewable Energy
The Ministry invites eligible consultancy firms/organizations to express their interest in providing assistance to this Ministry in formulating suitable norms & standards in respect of the identified parameters associated with building construction for better environmental management including safeguards. The purpose of the task is to bring out an information package that will serve as a manual & a ready reckoner, at the same time facilitates the environmental clearance procedure to be transparent, effective & efficient.
3. Basic contents of the Report are contained in a draft Report already prepared for the purpose. Based on the review of existing regulations, guidelines and procedures currently in operation, the Consultants are required to come up with norms and standards for the identified parameters along with a menu of the technologies as possible options. The standards would provide different benchmarks to meet the mandatory as well as optional requirements for different types of buildings/constructions as also the recommended norms. The Report to be prepared by the Consultant will also provide suitable guidelines as to how the standards can be achieved in different bio - climatic regions in the country and for various types of large construction projects (to cover a range of residential and non-residential building complexes). Consultants will closely interact with concerned experts, professional bodies, building industry, apart from other regulatory bodies.
4. Expression of interest is invited from eligible consulting firms / organizations that have the capabilities to undertake the above mentioned assistance. Interested firms / organizations are invited to submit information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (with the help of Brochures, description of similar assignments completed successfully, availability of appropriate skills amongst staff, etc). They may also collaborate with any other reputed agencies / institutions to enhance their professional qualifications & capabilities.
5. Consultants will be short listed based on their expertise & relevant experience. You are requested to send us a letter of interest accompanied by details of the financial requirements for undertaking the assignment. The time period for completion of the assignment and submission of the final Report will be limited to 45 days from the date of award of the assignment. The final selection will be on the basis of evaluation of technical and financial bids.
6. Please submit applications alongwith supporting documents to the following address on or before 31st October, 2005.
Shri S. Shiva Kumar
Director, IA Division,
Room No.103, Paryavaran Bhavan,
Ministry of Environment and Forests,
Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
Telefax:24360695 Shiva2kumar at gmail.com